The 15 seats that were available at the 50% discount have, unfortunately, been sold.
But don’t despair. You can still register for the course at a substantial discount.
On Monday, July 14, we are opening registration for the course to the general public, for one week, at a 46% discount — $134.99. We will have 75 seats available at that price, so you’re chances of snagging a spot are good.
In fact, you can sign up right now, before the general announcement, if you like.
“I have been working with children in the RCIA process for eight years and have never had any kind of workshop or training in this area. I am looking for insights on how to reach our ten children in the RCIA this year.”
You wouldn’t believe how many versions of that story we’ve heard. Many, many children’s RCIA catechists are working hard to bring children to deeper faith in Jesus. But often, they have never been given the training and support they need to succeed as much as they’d like to.
What if you had the support you need?
But what if? What if there were a simple, straightforward way to access the exact training you needed for this ministry—training that didn’t require you to get on an airplane, spend money on a hotel, and be away from your family and job?
Here’s what she told us…
- You will learn everything you need to know about running a successful children’s RCIA process. By providing the material online, it’s always available. You can come back to it again and again as you need to.
- You will feel confident you are helping your children become Catholic. Rita is going to show you, step by step, what you need to do and how to do it.
- You will have a safe place to ask questions, propose ideas, and get feedback. Unlike a live workshop where you get maybe ten or fifteen minutes at the end of a session to ask questions, you will be able to ask all the questions you want here. And you’ll have the benefit of not only Rita’s insights but all of your “classmates” from across the United States and Canada.
- Each session will be 2- to 5-pages long, in either PDF or web page format. You will start receiving links to your sessions on September 10, 2012 and you can read and digest them at your own pace.
- These sessions will also be available in audio format if you prefer to learn aurally.
- Each session will also include a summary exercise worksheet to help you integrate the course concepts for your particular situation.
- Registration for the course includes free membership in a support forum where you can ask questions, complete exercises, or just chat with other catechists.
- Throughout the course, you will have access to Rita Burns Senseman to answer your questions and offer additional advice.
In this module, you will envision a new way of forming children in faith. You will do that by learning the core elements of conversion that guide the entire RCIA process.
Module 2. A new vision—your parish guide to the journey of faith
In this module, you will master the steps and stages of leading children on their journey of faith.
Module 3. Parents are your essential partners
No matter how much time you spend with your children, you will never have as much influence as their own parents do. In this module, we’ll cover why it is so important to make parents your partners and how to give them a significant role in the conversion process.
Module 4. Apply some healthy peer pressure
Every parish has an often-overlooked source of spiritual support for their child catechumens. That source is, of course, the other children in the parish. In this module, you will discover how effective peer companions can be in your formation process.
Module 5. Look for the road signs of faith
Signs are important. In this module, you will learn the key sacramental signs in the rituals of the church. These sacramental signs are the actual presence of Jesus.
Module 6. Listen to the children
At the very start of this journey of conversion, we have to ask the children why they want to learn more about Jesus. In this module, you will explore ways to listen closely to what your children say and create a process that moves at their individual pace.
Module 7. Develop an apprenticeship plan
The formation process for children is going to look a lot like vocational training, because we are training them for their vocation as baptized Christians. This module will show you how to develop that training.
Module 8. Teach the faith
The goal of children’s RCIA is to help children grow into an intimate relationship with Jesus. In this module, you will discover how learning the doctrines of the church flows out of that relationship.
Module 9. Say yes to Christ
The next step in this process is to clarify and affirm the children’s choice for Christ. In this module, we will show you how the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults provides a time of spiritual reflection to prepare for the climax of the faith journey—sacramental initiation into Christ.
Module 10. Review the journey
It is essential that we take stock of where we started and where we’ve come to. And then we need to look forward and ask, what’s next on the journey of faith? After completing this module, you will have a clear understanding of how to provide a time of “mystagogy” for your newly initiated children.
However, we are reserving 75 slots for a substantial 46% discount.
That means if you register today, you can get all ten modules plus access to Rita’s deep expertise in children’s RCIA for only
But you should register today. This offer only lasts for one week, or until the 75 46%-off seats are filled—which ever comes first.
But if you don’t agree, just let us know after the first week or two. We’ll be very happy to refund your tuition and keep you as a friend.
Watch this brief video to find out more about Rita. Or just read the text below.
San Jose, California