Come to the Table: Catholics and their friends having conversations about faith
- Complete 7-Theme Bundle (Save the most with this option. Also, Faith, Life & Creed SuperBundle and Doctrinal Sessions Bundle customers receive half off!)
- individual themes
Your one-time purchase gives you permission to make as many copies of the Leader Guide and Participant Guides as needed for use within your own parish.
Once you purchase, you’ll receive a download link and an e-mail with the same link to download the PDF file.
What can Come to the Table do for your parish?
Participants in Come to the Table:
- learn to speak about their faith with confidence
- receive a solid foundation of knowledge, and
- experience conversion to Christ
What is Come to the Table?
Come to the Table is a parish process to welcome and re-engage youth, young adults, and adults with their faith, their friends and neighbors, and their parish. It provides a “gathering point” for folks—one which helps people have a real sense of belonging to your parish. Come to the Table is an easy-to-use resource for small group meetings, organized around seven major themes with 30 total topics. Parishes may set a curriculum for several years, or small groups may set their own course. Each session includes prayer, study, conversation, and decisions for specific actions.
How was Come to the Table developed
Come to the Table is a ministry outreach of Bill Huebsch and PastoralPlanning.com, initiated to celebrate the Year of Faith with the universal Church. It is a direct response to the call of Pope Benedict XVI that the universal Church might prepare for and embrace a Year of Faith in 2012 and beyond.
Come to the Table draws its inspiration and spirit from the RCIA and is a parish process for adult faith formation. It is based on small-group conversations about faith. Participants are led through various elements of Faith, Life & Creed,* a complete and systematic adult faith formation resource written by Mary Birmingham, which is rooted in Sacred Scripture and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. *Note: If you have already purchased the Faith, Life & Creed SuperBundle or Doctrinal Sessions Bundle, you already have all the components of Come to the Table. But Come to the Table consolidates the most relevant material from Faith, Life & Creed for the Year of Faith and the Church’s new evangelization effort into easy-to-use, ready-to-print-or-email PDF handouts to give to your small-group leaders and participants.
What is included in a purchase of a Come to the Table theme?
For each theme, you receive:
- Three or six complete sessions to explore topics in that theme
- For each session, a ready-to-print-or-email Participant Guide (in PDF format, 8.5″ x 14″, double-sided, single-fold) to give to each small-group participant; these can be printed beautifully in color or black and white
- A ready-to-print-or-email Leader Guide (in PDF format, 8.5″ x 11″) that takes your leaders step-by-step from beginning to end through each topic session
- For some sessions, you also receive supplemental handouts for further exploration of a topic
- A license to reprint and distribute these PDF files as many times and as often as you need for your parish community
Powerful benefits for your parish when you use Come to the Table
Small group leaders have access to:
- Excellent and realistic online training
- Unlimited coaching and support via toll free phone lines
- A first-rate, step-by-step small group leader guide for each theme
- And a pack of ancillary support resources to build confidence and quality
Participants each get
- A prayerful small group setting which offers excellent content and a safe place to explore their faith and grow together with others, including their non-Catholic spouses and friends
- A worksheet for each session which includes the key points being treated along with carefully tested conversation starters
- These worksheets are reproducible and can be e-mailed to folks
Parish leaders and the parish as a whole get
- An affordable way to renew the parish!
- Engaged and well-formed parishioners, ready to get involved!
- Low attrition rates as the small groups unfold—all these resources are “parish tested” and engaging!
- Assurance through the Imprimatur that the content is faithful
- No upfront payments, contracts, or long-term commitments
- Support from the PastoralPlanning.com team via toll free phone lines
- Access to excellent presenters who can visit your parish and help boost your spirit and level of participation (for an additional cost)
Come to the Table provides a total parish experience suited for…
- Seasonal periods of small group activity during Lent, Advent, or any season
- Small Christian communities
- Youth Ministry groups
- Individual or family use
- Parish ministry volunteers who want to grow in their faith
- Parent gatherings as their children take part in religious ed
Order the Come to the Table Complete 7-Theme Bundle
All seven themes:
Save 20% when you buy all seven themes of Come to the Table. That includes seven Leader Guides on each theme, 30 different Participant Guides for 30 different sessions, and eight supplemental handouts to share as bulletin inserts or additional resources for your sessions.
Come to the Table Complete 7-Theme Bundle: After you make your purchase, you will receive a link to access a private password-protected webpage where you can download all seven of the themes.
*NOTE for Faith, Life & Creed customers: If you are already a subscriber to the Faith, Life & Creed SuperBundle or Doctrinal Sessions Bundle, you already have the content found in Come to the Table. The benefit to purchasing Come to the Table for you is that Bill Huebsch has hand-picked the seven most relevant themes for the Year of Faith and packaged them into a ready-to-use format for any small-group gathering. You also receive a leader’s guide for each theme that is not found in Faith, Life & Creed. But to thank you for your support, we will offer all current subscribers to the Faith, Life & Creed SuperBundle and Doctrinal Sessions Bundle HALF-OFF the retail price of the Complete 7-Theme Bundle for Come to the Table. Just let us know in the “Comment” box at checkout that you’re an FLC SuperBundle or Doctrinal Sessions Bundle subscriber, and we’ll confirm our records for your FLC subscription. Then we’ll make sure your credit card is only charged $106.33 for the Complete 7-Theme Bundle. You will not see this discount at your final checkout, but we’ll will make sure to authorize only the lower charge on your card. A receipt with the final authorized charge will be sent to you by e-mail.
Order Come to the Table individual themes
Themes with three sessions:
Themes with six sessions:
Purchase individual themes for the topics you want. After you make your purchase, you will receive a link to download all the material for that theme.
Click each theme title for more information on the sessions content for that theme.